Losing weight can be a long and arduous process, especially when you set yourself to do so naturally and healthily.
People often try to shorten the time with the help of supplements that claim to burn body fat.
However, the chances of them working may be slim and may have some severe side effects. One such wonder drug is Ephedrine UK.
This medication lowers your appetite, burns off fat, and heightens the metabolism.
This ultimately leads to weight loss at a faster pace and helps people to stick to their diet.
Although these benefits may sound very appealing to you, caution must be exercised before consuming Ephedrine as there are many known risks associated with it.
With that in mind, let us explore more about Ephedrine UK.
What is Ephedrine?
It is extracted from a shrub named Ephedra sinica that grows extensively in central Asia. The plant is also popularly known as ma huang. Once Ephedrine is extracted, it is subjected to a refinement process (1).
The primary purpose of ephedrine medicines is to improve breathing. It relaxes the muscles near the airway.
Traditional Chinese medicines have been using Ephedrine to treat several ailments such as flu, cold, cough, and wheezing.
Many western countries use Ephedrine in their asthma medications (2).
Ephedrine tablets are stimulants that increase the metabolic rate of the body.
It has the property of binding specific cell receptors that respond to chemicals called catecholamine, which is a combination of adrenaline, noradrenaline, and dopamine (3).
When the Ephedrine molecules connect with these cell receptors, they trigger a physical reaction that increases the heart rate, accelerates fat and glycogen burning and reduces hunger pangs.
Thus, these medications help to expend more energy. It does so by mainly using the fat reserves present in the body. It, therefore, helps in short term weight loss (4).
The ECA Stack
It is a combination of 3 active ingredients, namely ephedrine, caffeine, and aspirin.
The effectiveness of Ephedrine for burning fat is increased when used in combination with caffeine, which is also a stimulant.
It reduces fatigue and increases alertness.
Aspirin is commonly used as a pain reliever and is part of the ECA stack to balance the stimulation effects provided by ephedrine and caffeine.
The ECA stack is commonly marketed with claims to support weight loss, improve athletic performance, and also increase energy levels.
These claims are supported by controlled placebo studies that suggest that when ephedrine is used along with caffeine, it can help promote moderate loss of fat in obese people.
An analysis of the results from various studies estimates the average weight loss to be 1 kg/month more than the placebo.
Effects of the ECA stack
Below are some of the known effects of the ECA stack:
- Increase in metabolic rate- Ephedrine and caffeine present in the ECA stack stimulate the central nervous system. As a result of this stimulation, the metabolic rate of the body increases, which helps to burn more calories. The aspirin present in the stack helps to prolong the effect.
- Decreases fatigue- Ephedrine and caffeine help in combat fatigue by boosting the body’s energy levels. It also helps to keep the mind alert.
- Aids fat loss-Caffeine causes oxidation of fat and helps to burn it more easily. When combined with Ephedrine, it becomes more potent and helps to speed up the process.
The recommended dosage
The protocol commonly followed while using ephedrine for weight loss is 3 times a day at 6 hours interval.
Ensure that the dose does not exceed 20-25 mg a day.
If using the ECA stack, the recommended ratio of ephedrine: caffeine: aspirin is 1:10:15.
It is advisable to have the pills early morning, early afternoon, and late afternoon. As these medications can affect sleep patterns, do not take these pills close to your bedtime.
Side effects of ephedrine and ECA stack
Although ephedrine and ECA stack have a few positive effects on the body, its safety is highly questionable. Some of the most commonly experienced side effects are as follows:
- A surge in blood pressure
- Increased heart rate
- Hand tremors
- Mood swings
- Women must not take ephedrine and ECA stack pills if they are pregnant or breastfeeding their child.
- As ephedrine is known the stimulate the heart, people who have an irregular heartbeat, chest pains, or a pre-existing heart condition must avoid it.
- Increasing the intake of the pill beyond the recommended limit can cause severe anxiety.
- People with high BP, diabetes, thyroid are not advised to take this pill.
- These medicines can interact with other medications used for managing pain, depression, seizures, blood pressure, diabetes, etc. and can cause severe side effects.
- Do not use ephedrine and ECA stack pills along with other stimulants.
Although ephedrine is derived from a herb, its unsupervised use can result in severe health consequences.
People trying to lose weight often succumb to the false notion that by taking extra pills, they will lose weight quicker.
This is a myth that can not only harm their health but also turn them into addicts.
Here are the signs that indicate you or your loved one is addicted to ephedrine:
- High tolerance– After taking ephedrine for a long time, the body will develop a tolerance for it. Therefore, you will need to take more pills to feel the same effects as before. If the person is taking more pills than required, it is a sign of addiction.
- Dependency- Ephedrine interacts with the feel-good chemicals of your brain. If you notice that you are unable to perform your daily tasks without taking the pill, it may be because your body has become dependent on it.
- Withdrawal– Irritation, nausea, dizziness, headache are withdrawal symptoms that you will notice once you stop taking the pills.
There is a lot of help available for people addicted to ephedrine in the UK. There are rehab facilities, counselling, and extended care programs that people can avail of to overcome this addiction.
The legal status of Ephedrine UK.
There are many health concerns regarding ephedrine and ECA stack.
Therefore, there are limits set on the quantity of medication that any individual can buy in the UK. This restriction is in place as the drug methylamphetamine can be manufactured using large amounts of ephedrine.
Ephedrine and ECA stack are not banned in the UK.
However, there are certain sale restrictions. On the recommendation of the Commission on Human Medicines in 2008, along with public consultation, the below measures were put in place to manage the misuse of ephedrine:
- It is not permissible under law to sell or supply any product that contains more than 180 mg of ephedrine without a doctor’s prescription.
- It is also not allowed to sell or supply without prescription, any combination product that contains more than 180 mg ephedrine between them.
- Sale or supply of a product that contains ephedrine and a product that contains pseudoephedrine in one transaction is not allowed.
- The Royal Pharmaceutical Society has also issued an advisory that only a pharmacist or a trained pharmacy staff must handle the sale and supply of ephedrine.
PhenQ- the best Ephedrine alternative
The ECA stack, although a top-rated weight loss pill, faced severe backlash after a rise in the number of cases of side effects and abuse.
This led to it getting banned in countries like the United States, Canada, and the Netherlands.
As a result, people began to look out for safer alternatives such as PhenQ.
This pill was voted as the best weight loss pill by fitness trainers and enthusiasts.
Below are some of the benefits of PehnQ:
- It helps to burn stubborn fat
The pill increases the metabolic rate and ensures that your body burns more calories.
It stimulates your body’s ability to get rid of stubborn fat near the thighs, upper arms, lower back, and midsection through thermogenesis.
This process helps the body to melt the fat.
- Decreases the body’s fat production
Our bodies are designed to accumulate excess fat as a survival tactic.
However, if your goal is to get a slim body, you must ensure that your body burns fat and convert it into energy rather than storing it.
PhenQ does this by decreasing the body’s ability to absorb fat and lowering its production.
- Reduces appetite
PhenQ makes the user feel full. It acts as an appetite suppressant.
This helps to curb unnecessary food cravings and helps to control your food intake.
- Natural composition
Even though Ephedrine is plant-based, it is not entirely safe.
On the other hand, PhenQ is also made up of natural ingredients that are safe to use, even in the long run.
It consists of the following elements:
o Capsimax Powder prevents the body from storing fat.
o a-Lacys Rese, which helps the body to trigger the thermogenesis process and increase metabolism.
o Caffeine Anhydrous is a stimulant and helps to curb hunger.
o Chromium Picolinate helps to reduce cravings for sweet food items.
o L-Carnitine helps to burn fat and turn it into energy.
o Nopal controls fluid retention in the body.
It is available in a bottle that consists of sixty pills.
The recommended dose is two pills a day- one after breakfast and the second after lunch.
Taking the pill late in the evening is not advisable as it contains caffeine and may disturb your sleep.
Also, limit your coffee intake as it contains caffeine too. Having the pill as well as coffee can lead to overstimulation.
For seeing the positive results of the pill, you need to take it continuously for at least three months. You can extend the course of the pill without getting addicted to it.
Side effects of PhenQ
The manufacturer advertises that PhenQ does not cause any side effects as it is created using natural ingredients.
As a result, it is considered more than safer and reliable than ephedrine.
However, few users have experienced mild side effects after taking this pill.
Nausea, headache, bloating, and upset stomach are some of the common complaints stated by the users.
People who have an existing medical condition or are using prescription drugs must consult a physician before taking the pill.
Expectant and lactating mothers are also advised not to consume the pill. This pill is not for children and people under 18 years of age.
Pros and cons of using PhenQ
Let us now look at some of the pros and cons of PhenQ.
- One pill contains many ingredients that support weight loss.
- It is a high-quality supplement that is created by FDA approved facility.
- It is delivered around the world without any shipping cost.
- It comes with a sixty-day money back scheme.
- Some users have complained about mild side effects after taking the pill.
- It can only be ordered online through its official website.
- It cannot be used in combination with other medications.
Difference between Ephiderine vs. PhenQ
Now that we have a look at information about both Ephiderine and PhenQ, it is time to state the differences between them clearly.
Ephedrine was not explicitly developed for weight loss. It is primarily used for treating respiratory illnesses, whereas PhenQ was designed only for weight loss.
- Duration of use
Ephedrine should not be used beyond its course as it can become addictive. However, PhenQ does not lead to addiction, and its use can be extended.
Ephedrine is banned in countries such as the United States, Canada, and the Netherlands. On the other hand, PhenQ is not prohibited in any country.
- Side effects
Ephedrine causes severe side effects like increased heart rate, blood pressure, hand tremors, and dizziness. On the contrary, PhenQ causes mild side effects like bloating, headache, nausea, and upset stomach.
Ephedrine and ECA stack pills cannot be bought without a prescription, but PhenQ can be purchased without a prescription.
While eating healthy and exercising regularly are the most reliable methods of keeping your weight in check, weight loss pills, when used as prescribed, also help to knock off those extra pounds.
If you are searching for a weight loss pill, choose one that is plant-based and contains natural ingredients.
PhenQ is a dietary supplement that checks these boxes and is, therefore, a safer choice than Ephedrine.